M. O’Herron Company was incorporated on July 27,1903 by Michael O’Herron, Joseph Kissane, and Charles Wolfe. By 1916, Joseph Kissane was the primary shareholder and the company has remained in the Kissane family. Joseph Kissane, Jr., joined the company in the 1920’s and was president of the company from 1935 to 1975.
From incorporation through the 1950’s, the M. O’Herron Company was a road builder, utility contractor, and asphalt producer. Some notable projects included the Corliss tunnel, the Mon Warf, and paving of many roads in the City of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County.
During the 1950’s Joseph Kissane, Jr. was joined by his son Michael and in the 1960’s by his other son Thomas. From the 1950’s to 2001 the M. O’Herron Company evolved and shifted our focus from the heavy highway sector to utility services with an emphasis in the natural gas distribution industry.
In the past 50 years we have installed over 1000 miles of 2” through 24” natural gas pipelines and services in the Western PA region for the local gas utilities.
During the 1990’s, current President, Tom Kissane, was joined by his son Joe Kissane, who currently serves as Vice President of the company.
Since around 2000, the company has experienced considerable growth and has risen to become a leader in natural gas distribution contractor services in Western PA region.
The company maintains a stable of highly skilled and experienced employees who are committed to deliver a safe and quality work product for our clients and their customers.